Submit your Article
Thanks for your interest in guest posting on The Blogs City! I’m always interested in encouraging and inspiring my readers with well-written, unique guest posts from various standpoints. If you have some fantastic advice, wisdom, tips, or experience, we’d love to hear and share them.
- Submission of your guest post-publication. I review all submissions. If I think your post will benefit The Blogs City readers, there’s a good chance I’ll publish it. Preference will be to those who demonstrate a genuine interest in Daily Cup of Yoga as readers or followers.
- Content: In keeping with the spirit of The Blogs City, guest posts should:
- Offer practical advice, tips, experiences, SEO, WordPress Development, Social Media Marketing, SAAS, and technology-based.
- Quality: Posts must be original content (i.e., not published anywhere else online). Please make a concerted effort to use correct spelling, grammar, and punctuation. Due to time constraints, submissions requiring excessive editing will not be accepted. Also, I will generally disregard requests that appear to be strictly PR- or SEO-related.
- Word count: Please limit your post to 700-1000 words or less. I’m not generally worried about articles that are too long. On the other hand, articles that are too short may not have enough substance, so use your best judgment in finding a happy balance.
- Formatting: Using section headers, bullets, lists, and short paragraphs are highly encouraged as it makes reading much more accessible.
- Links: Make sure any links in your post are relevant and valid. Will remove links deemed irrelevant to your post’s main idea without notice. Likewise, will remove any non-working links without notice. Please don’t use hyperlinks; instead, put relevant links in brackets next to their desired location: e.g., You should follow us on Facebook. [http://facebook.com/theblogscity]. Affiliate links within posts are not accepted.
- Photos: While a photo with each submission is unnecessary, it is highly encouraged. The photo (or photos) should be high quality and either originals or ones to which you share rights. If you share a photo from a photo-sharing site that allows everyday use (i.e., Flickr, Pixabay, etc.), please include a credit and bracketed link to the original photo.
- Bio: Include a short bio (100 words or less) at the end of your post. Free to include a link to your site and a bio photo if desired.
- Quotes: I generally like posts to include a section at the top.
- These guidelines are not intended to stifle your creativity but to streamline The Blogs City guest posting process. Submissions that closely adhere to these guidelines are much more likely to be published!
How to submit:
- Send your post in plain text, not HTML, in Microsoft Word to email@example.com, with the preferred title in the subject line. Please only send one submission per email.
- Please attach any photos you’d like to include with the post or a link to where the images are hosted.